Seven credit union professionals, volunteers, and credit unions honored with 2016 LSCU Awards
The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) announced the recipients of the LSCU Awards during the opening general session, annual business meeting, and closing general session at the 2016 Southeast Credit Union Conference & Expo (SCUCE), June 15-17. Three credit unions and four executives were recognized for their work and dedication with these honors. This was the first year in which award winners were recognized outside the final night conference finale.
The prestigious awards highlight professionals, volunteers, and credit unions that have made outstanding contributions to the development and growth of the credit union movement in Alabama and Florida. Each award was also accompanied by a video highlighting the good works of the honorees.
“With more than 30 applications this year, selecting the winners was challenging,” said LSCU President/CEO Patrick La Pine. “This process reminds me there are many credit union leaders across our two states that are bringing the cooperative principles to life each and every day. They not only bring value to their members but also to the communities they serve.”
LSCU Award categories and winners were:
- Distinguished Service Award: Tom Dorety, President/CEO,Suncoast Credit Union
- Professional of the Year : Michael Raley, President/CEO, Baptist Health South Florida Federal Credit Union
- Young Professional of the Year: Nick Cantrell, MSR/Teller Operations Manager, Jax Federal Credit Union
- Volunteer of the Year: Ann McCall, Treasurer, Board of Directors, Pen Air Federal Credit Union
- Credit Union of the Year:
- Up to $100 million in assets: Sun Credit Union (Hollywood, Fla.)
- $100-$500 million in assets: Family Savings Credit Union (Gadsden, Ala.)
- $500 million or more: USF Federal Credit Union (Tampa, Fla.)
As part of his Distinguished Service Award, Dorety’s picture will hang in the Credit Union House Hall of Fame in Washington, D.C.
Recipients of the awards are chosen by the LSCU Awards Committee, which is comprised of representatives from LSCU member credit unions with a focus on credit union and community improvement. The winner is ratified on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received.