Washington Wire 6-20-17
he House and Senate will be in session for the next two weeks, prior to their Fourth of July recess. This week, the House will consider H.R. 2842, the Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act; H.R. 1873, the Electricity Reliability and Forest Protection Act; and H.R. 1654, the Water Supply Permitting Coordination Act.
The Senate is also expected to consider Sigal Mandelker to be Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes and Marshall Billingslea to be Assistant Secretary for Terrorist Financing, Department of Treasury.
In Committee today, the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government will hold a hearing on the FCC Budget.
On Wednesday, the House Financial Services Committee will hold a markup on pending legislation.
- H.R. 1422, the “Flood Insurance Market Parity and Modernization Act”
- H.R. 1558, the “Repeatedly Flooded Communities Preparation Act”
- H.R. 2246, the “Taxpayer Exposure Mitigation Act of 2017”
- H.R. 2565, To require the use of replacement cost value in determining the premium rates for flood insurance coverage under the National Flood Insurance Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2875, the “National Flood Insurance Program Administrative Reform Act of 2017”
Also on Wednesday, the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on “Cybersecurity Regulation Harmonization,” and the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade will hold a hearing on “Risks to Price Stability.”
On Thursday, the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on “Fostering Economic Growth: Regulator Perspective.” Mark McWatters, acting chairman of the National Credit Union Administration, will be among witnesses.