LSCU presents awards to outstanding CUs
The LSCU announced the recipients of the LSCU Awards during the opening general session, annual business meeting, and closing general session at the 2017 Southeast Credit Union Conference & Expo (SCUCE), June 14-16. Three credit unions and four executives were recognized for their work and dedication with these honors.
The prestigious awards highlight professionals, volunteers, and credit unions that have made outstanding contributions to the development and growth of the credit union movement in Alabama and Florida. Each award was also accompanied by a video highlighting the good works of the honorees.
“Our committee reviewed many nominees in this process — all deserving individuals and organizations,” said LSCU President/CEO Patrick La Pine. “It is evident that our industry is unique in its composition of devoted leaders and outstanding financial institutions who are dedicated in service to their communities.”
LSCU Award categories and winners were for individuals were:
- Distinguished Service Award: Terry West, CEO, Vystar Credit Union, Jacksonville, FL
- Professional of the Year: Jeanette Keller, CEO, Blue Flame Credit Union, Mobile, AL
- Young Professional of the Year: Megan Jackson, CFE Credit Union, Lake Mary, FL
- Volunteer of the Year: Wes Atkins, Bay Credit Union and Tallahassee-Leon Federal Credit Union, Tallahassee, FL
Credit Union of the Year award winners were:
- Up to $100 million in assets: TMH FCU, Tallahassee, FL
- $100-$500 million in assets: Keys FCU, Key West, FlL
- $500 million or more: America’s First FCU, Birmingham, AL (pictured top right)
As part of his Distinguished Service Award, West will be honored by having his picture hanging in the Credit Union House Hall of Fame in Washington, D.C.
Recipients of the awards are chosen by the LSCU Awards Committee, which is comprised of representatives from LSCU member credit unions with a focus on credit union and community improvement. The winner is ratified on the basis of the nominations and supporting information received.