Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Director, lead and/or conduct internal audits according to the annual audit plan or at the request of management to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and efficiency of operations by performing the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. 50% Audits records of departments, processes, branches and interviews associates to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations with an emphasis on complex and high risk areas as identified through the risk assessment process. This includes leading all phases of audit assignments such as planning, conducting projects, preparing workpapers as well as summarizing findings and recommendations for Management's review and consideration.
2. 20% Prepares internal audit reports which include findings, analyses, conclusions and recommended actions that are presented to Management along with evaluating Management's responses and assessing Management's progress of corrective actions through the follow up audit process.
3. 10% Assists external auditors and examiners during audits or examinations which includes obtaining items requested in advance or during onsite visits, assisting the Audit Director or Management with the resolution of preliminary findings when possible and other requirements as deemed necessary to ensure the successful completion of the external audits or examinations.
4. 5% Conduct special projects as requested by the Internal Audit Director, and Management as needed.
5. 5% Responsible for completing Internal Audit administrative tasks, such as updates to portal and network records, department record retention schedule and audit research.
6. 5% Responsible for complying with all Federal regulations (including BSA) and State regulations and laws, internal policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and internal audit standards.
7. 5% Supervises audit staff as required on all phases of audit assignments which includes training and development of less experienced audit personnel as necessary.
A minimum of one year to three years of similar or related experience at this level.
Must have Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance of Computer Science. Prefer CIA and/or CPA certification
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature are a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Should be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles institute of internal auditors practices, perform intermediate math skills, be able to travel within departments and from branch to branch as needed to complete audit programs, research and special projects, as well as comply with the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Community First Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please apply online at www.CommunityFirstFL.org or call Sylvie at 904.371-8030.