Role: To assist members with their consumer lending needs, to analyze loan requests, and to make credit decisions based on lending policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interviews loan applicants and/or reviews applications to develop information
concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
* Analyzes current financial position of loan applicants to determine the degree of risk
involved in extending credit or lending money and makes decisions to approve, reject,
or forward the loan requests to higher levels for decisions.
* Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
* Explains loan programs to members and indirect lending dealers, evaluates their
needs, and recommends loan options.
* Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them with the
members or indirect lending dealers.
* Cross sells credit union products and services.
* Keeps informed on current trends in consumer credit and indirect lending. * Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. To produce the assigned loan volume per month.
2. To return member and dealer phone calls within 1 hour.
3. To meet the goals as determined by management for delinquency levels, charge-off
ratios, and credit related insurance products.
4. To respond to dealer on all indirect loan applications within the time frame determined by management.
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy are required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
Other Skills: Knowledge and experience with consumer lending, working knowledge of lending regulations, knowledge of credit union lending policies and procedures, good logical and analytical judgment, and good communication skills are required.
Family Security is Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Disabled, and Veterans.