Successful candidates will have:
• Strong communication skills to interact with members, prospective members and employees;
• Analytical skills to evaluate branch activity, prepare management reports and recommend changes in branch operations as appropriate to enhance member service;
• Business development experience to establish and maintain contact with prospective members and police departments within UPFCU’s market area and actively build the branches’ member base.
• Experience in developing and conducting branch staff meetings for training and information purposes; and • Strong branch operational knowledge and experience.
• Bachelor's degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience.
• 1 to 3 years' progressively more responsible experience in branch operations and management, including staff management and business development.
• Credit union management experience is desirable.
• Prior lending authority is desirable.
• Computer literate, with specific experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Must have no record of felony criminal convictions or serious financial citations.
• Must pass background check by Police Department.
• Must be bondable through CUNA Mutual.
• Must have an acceptable credit rating with the credit bureau. • Must possess a valid driver’s license, the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered and proper liability automobile insurance as required by state law.
Our Branch Manager wears a lot of hats! The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall performance and day-to-day management of two branch offices, including but not limited to staff management and coaching/training; ensuring high quality service to members; directing the activities of branch personnel towards attainment of branch goals for production and sales; building the branch sales culture; developing new business through active marketing and business development; originating all types of accounts and handling complex member and operational transactions; and cross-selling credit union services. The Branch Manager is also responsible for the safety and soundness of the branches.