Who are we
Who Are We
The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation (SECUF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to progressive professional development of credit union staff and volunteers, financial education programs for youth and adults, and creating valuable resources for our member credit unions and the communities they serve.
The SECUF is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax deductible when applicable by law.
To serve as a catalyst for credit unions to collectively effect change through charitable giving and education.
To enrich and elevate our communities by applying the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.”
The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation is active in and dedicated to:
- Promoting financial education to benefit credit union members, students, and the public at large;
- Helping credit unions implement programs within their communities that fulfill their social responsibility to make financial services affordable and accessible to all members, including those of modest means, or to areas in financial distress;
- Providing professional development grants to assist credit union employees and volunteer leaders with the training to achieve professional excellence;
- Offering financial relief to credit unions, their employees, members, and their communities in the wake of disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.; and
- Assist with raising funds for the CU4Kids program which purchases hospital equipment, research, special patient needs and health education for children.