Florida State University Credit Union
1. Ensure the Credit Union is in compliance with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the State, National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies. Keep Management apprised of changes deemed significant in nature that will be impactful on the Credit Union. Implement and maintain the Credit Union’s compliance requirements and has the responsibility to report, monitor and coordinate whatever changes or corrective actions are necessary to assure continued compliance.
2. Oversee the compliance and audit requirements of the Credit Union on a day to day basis. Assist other Credit Union departments with their compliance needs and requirements, including but not limited to lending, marketing, information technology, collections and products and services.
3. Utilize Compliance Coordinator to assist in all relevant aspects of compliance and internal audit responsibilities of the Credit Union based on his or her job knowledge and capabilities. Provide supervision to this position, helping him or her with ongoing oversight and education.
4. Acquires sufficient operational knowledge to effectively audit particular departments.
5. Assist in maintaining and updating the Credit Union’s Policy and procedures in areas that address revisions mandated by regulatory changes, compliance or compliance related activities. This includes the NMLS policy and registration.
6. Responsible for day to day BSA and OFAC adherence and training across all areas of the organization. Additionally responsible for informing VP of Operations of BSA and OFAC issues noted during his/her job responsibilities and keeping the VP of Operations apprised of new best practices, laws and regulations as it relates to BSA and OFAC. Once knowledge base is established for BSA and OFAC, obtain Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer role at the Credit Union.
7. Ensure, through the office of VP of Operations, that Management is kept fully informed of the conditions and operations of the Credit Union as it relates to compliance matters, and of all important factors influencing those.
8. Assist examiners and auditors with compliance examinations under the direction of supervisor. Workpapers must be up to date and readily available for examination.
9. Develop an internal audit plan for the review of the financial, business and administrative activities of the Credit Union, proposing areas of audit in order of their related risk.
10. Produces audit reports, which are objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely.
11. Follows up to ascertain that appropriate and timely action was taken on reported audit findings.
12. Indexes, references and identifies all work papers in a matter that clearly support and explains findings; safeguards workpapers.
13. Identifies indictors of fraud sufficient to warrant investigations.
14. Investigates, or monitors investigations of, mysterious disappearances of cash or other assets.
15. Ensure internal controls are in place and implement recommendations proposed by auditors and examiners as appropriate.
16. Develop and maintain record retention policies and procedures with regard to the Federal and State Acts. Perform inventory and work with VP of Operations in regards to purge process in accordance with applicable regulations.
17. Ensure back office form processing is up-to-date for compliance as designated by Management for-to-date compliance for areas including, but not limited to HMDA, Loan Application Register, 1099, 1098 filings etc.
18. Update and maintain Disaster Recovery Plan in compliance with applicable regulations. Including, but not limited to, training of Credit Union personnel, updating Policy and other areas as deemed appropriate.
19. Monitor compliance of the Credit Union loan files in accordance with the approved Loan Policy, both direct and indirect.
20. Review fraud, actual and suspected, against the Credit Union and retain all documentation pertaining to each fraud occurrence.
21. Responsible for all subpoena requests.
22. Conduct vault audits, surprise cash drawer audits, denomination audits and OFAC audits.
23. Research teller outages, monitor the Over and Short GL, oversee teller repayments and report to Human Resources on outages with file documentation.
24. Train new hires on applicable compliance matters including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
25. Work closely with FSU Credit Union Card Services Department personnel to help mitigate fraud losses related to ATM, debit and credit cards.
26. Attend periodic staff meetings to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services and to present general information.
27. Travel to Credit Union branches and/or facilities as necessary to perform job functions
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
1. Assist staff and management with member complaints & problem resolution.
2. Work with Branch Supervisors or VP of Operations on special projects.
3. Must comply with all state and federal laws.
4. Report any problems or concerns of the department to the appropriate Branch Supervisors.
5. Attend periodic staff meetings to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services and to present general information.
1. Must have strong knowledge base of Credit Union or related financial institution compliance requirements and regulations.
2. Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for servicing Credit Union members, interacting with staff and projecting a positive image as representative for the Credit Union.
3. Must know how to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Windows and Excel.
4. Intermediate mathematical skill required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
5. Work requires extensive knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures. Thorough knowledge of and background in Credit Union operations with a thorough understanding of Credit Union philosophy preferred. These characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a high school education plus a Bachelor’s Degree. At least three years of previous experience in a financial institution compliance role required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.