Orlando Federal Credit Union
Troy Pelaske, Vice President of Human Resources
This position requires a thorough knowledge of NCUA and CFPB rules and regulations as well as Orlando Federal Credit Union policies and procedures, protocols, authorizations, systems and applications necessary for this role. This position requires excellent communication and observation skills, the ability to read and interpret technical directions, strong and responsive decision making abilities, sound and professional judgment, a strong attention to detail, tact and diplomacy. Must be able to meet deadlines and work independently in a moderately stressful environment.
Meets or exceeds the following essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensures the Credit Union is in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
2. Reviews all forms and disclosures, and ensures they are in compliance.
3. Coordinates training of personnel on compliance matters.
4. Works with management and internal audit to address risk management issues through risk assessment.
5. Establishes and administers appropriate monitoring mechanisms for compliance issues.
6. Coordinates examinations and audits of compliance program.
7. Conducts annual reviews of all policies. Assists departments with revisions to policies.
8. Works with Internal Auditor to evaluate and enforce internal controls as they relate to compliance issues.
9. Ensures reports to federal and state regulatory agencies are complete and filed on a timely basis.
10. Work with the Regulatory Examiners during the compliance examinations and respond to any compliance issues noted in the exam.
11. Monitors and reviews proposed new laws and changes to current laws and regulations to determine potential impact on the credit union.
12. Implements new laws and regulations through dissemination of information and training to appropriate personnel.
13. Reviews new programs and products and systems for compliance.
14. Prepares periodic reports regarding credit union’s current record of compliance.
15. Responsible for overseeing credit union Vendor Management Program.
16. Administer and oversee credit union Business Continuity Program and activity of BCP team.
17. Administer and monitor Record Retention Program for the credit union. Ensure all records are following regulatory guidelines for retention and storage.
18. Maintain ID Theft Red Flag Program as described in policy and in accordance with regulation.
19. Acts as the Board appointed BSA/AML/OFAC Officer, maintaining current knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC regulatory rules and regulations.
20. Remains active in Credit Union training programs. Complete the position’s present curriculum as outlined by completing the following – Credit Union annual required compliance training and the supplemental courses listed within the prescribed time. Follows policy and procedure daily to ensure compliant with current regulations.
21. Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required.
• Four or more years of industry related experience or any similar combination of education and experience is required.
• Previous supervisory experience is required.
• Must have strong computer skills including Word, Excel and web-based systems. Verafin experience is highly preferred.
• Requires an advanced level of knowledge in regulatory compliance. Must be familiar with all key regulatory requirements for credit unions.
We are searching for strong Compliance Officer candidates who meet the following requirements:
• Proven track record of running a successful compliance program.
• Banking / Credit Union experience highly preferred.
• Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills
• Trustworthy and professional demeanor