Consumer Loan Officer
Alabama One Credit Union
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Receives member questions personally or by telephone and schedules interviews for member loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
• Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decision to approve or forward the loan request to Loan Committee for consideration. This includes having a thorough knowledge of Credit Union lending guidelines; of credit-granting criteria; of interest rates and how they are computed; and the documentation required for each type of loan.
• Explains loan programs to members, evaluates their needs and recommends loan options
• Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
• Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them with the member.
• Assists in the responsibility for ensuring that each loan is properly and timely prepared and documented, is properly approved, and promptly and properly disbursed. If a loan is not approved, may be assigned the responsibility for notifying the borrower.
• Authorize release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date change, etc.
• May assist in the training and cross training as department requires.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
• Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
• A high school education or GED with additional consideration for Bachelor’s Degree.
Please visit www.alabamaone.org/careers to apply.