Director of Marketing
First Commerce Credit Union
First Commerce is expanding and we want you to join our dynamic, winning team. At FCCU, you can expect competitive pay, best in class benefits, initial and ongoing training and development, and career growth opportunities. Don’t just look for a job, consider a career where you empower people to enhance their financial well-being and make a difference to our communities.
First Commerce Credit Union is currently seeking a Director of Marketing for its Tallahassee, FL office.
The Director of Marketing supports First Commerce Credit Union’s Vision To Be Our Members Financial Partner for Life through being responsible for conception, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and implementing the credit union’s advertising, marketing, business development and public relations strategy and directions in a data and content driven environment. Develops department budgets, policies and procedures. Utilizes experience based on knowledge and formal training to develop marketing programs that meet the challenges of economic cycles based on available aggregate data/research, market differences, competitive environment, and more. Creates and implements techniques and material that will favorably project the credit union’s image and strategic goals and develops programs that are competitive and consistent with sound business practices. Supervises the Marketing department and actively develops team members. Oversees and serves as primary liaison with outside agency and vendors.
- In consultation with the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives (formerly the VP of Marketing), develops goals, objectives, and priorities for the credit union’s business development, marketing, advertising, market research, public relations, and reputation management functions.
- Develops, implements and administers major policies and procedures for the credit union’s business development, advertising, public relations, and marketing functions.
- Formulates, develops, secures approval of and administers department’s budget which provides for attaining goals and objectives, including major advertising and marketing projects. Ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation and results justify return on investment. Adjusts as needed and takes action as necessary to correct unsatisfactory situations.
- Utilizes knowledge based on experience and formal training in marketing to research, conceptualize, create and implement creative marketing and public relations campaigns and programs to both consumer and business-to-business audiences as appropriate. This includes generating and implementing “outside the box” ideas that will promote all services and products and favorably project the credit union’s image and goals. Work closely with department/division/subsidiary leaders to balance and promote all lines of products & services in a comprehensive plan. Customizes plan to fit each market area.
- Directs market research and monitors/analyzes/leverages available data from members and non-members through third parties including feedback to improve/enhance communications, omnichannel campaigns, and messaging, and help identify business opportunities. Oversees/leverages member survey program, Raddon/MCIF software, and other data point/research-based opportunities.
- Negotiates contracts/agreements including major partnerships/sponsorships to capitalize on opportunities and monitors deliverables to ensure pull-through. Develops and directs credit union’s charitable and community involvement plan & initiatives including events/sponsorships from financial to volunteer and other support, and 501(c)(3) Foundation focusing on financial literacy. Identifies business development opportunities by target markets for each product and market area.
- In consultation with the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, leads corporate communications (internal & external), public relations, and media relations. Develop relationships with key media in all markets.
- Leads a content marketing and storytelling strategy across all internal and external platforms, from website to social media to email drip marketing campaigns.
- Works to personalize member and prospects’ experiences on all platforms through data-driven segmentation.
- Oversees events and executes major corporate events such as the Power Forward Speaker Series.
- Ensures all advertising/marketing material is reviewed and approved by compliance, including appropriate disclosures are used on all tactics. Keep appraised of regulatory & legal changes pertaining to the marketing functions in order and to ensure that departmental policies and procedures comply with all applicable regulations.
- Continually reviews journals, articles, publications and other materials to keep abreast of new developments in the marketing space and credit union/banking industry, such as digital & emerging technologies and social media.
- Maintains a wide variety of contacts within and outside the credit union, coordinating marketing activities, promoting services, exchanging information and representing the credit union at civic and trade functions and professional organizations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assists Marketing staff by setting priorities, answering questions, solving problems and helping with complex work-related matters.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating competent staff. Must foster an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for managing a team and directing their activities for the achievement of department targets and goals.
- Lead driver of change when needed.
- Monitoring team performance to ensure that the goals are met and supporting quality and training efforts.
- Identifying, recommending and supporting the implementation of various programs for maximum ROI and the improvement of processes.
- Writing and conducting performance evaluations, making employment decisions, setting up performance goals and targets for assigned team.
- Promoting a culture that encourages and ensures team engagement.
- Responsible for team’s performance, production, quality and adherence to policies and procedures, including developing reasonable expectancies and goal setting.
- Provide senior management with timely, relevant and accurate reporting of activities and production statistics.
- Meetings as required; reports to work on time and as scheduled; adheres to facility dress code.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or related areas.
- 7-10 years outstanding proven leadership in all areas of market management including market analytics and assessment, market and product development, service, product and market strategy, market development, branding, market segmentation, service and product positioning, thought leader engagement, promotion, channel strategies, market access, competitive dynamics, issues management, forecasting, resource prioritization, and overall flawless market execution.
- 3-5 years demonstrated excellence in people management, personnel development, teamwork, and collaboration.
Knowledge of all products and services offered by the credit union and those of the credit union’s competitors. A high level of organization and problem-solving skills to coordinate the marketing functions and to analyze and respond to changes in the competitive and regulatory market.
Americans with Disability Specifications
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member (employee) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member (employee) must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Click here to apply.