Space Coast Credit Union
The Manager of Finance oversees all aspects of the Finance Department and is responsible for the development and maintenance of reliable financial information for management planning and decision making. This includes financial reporting and analysis in support of appropriate pricing, asset-liability management, product profitability analysis and investment decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs finance department by communicating, coordinating, and coaching direct reports to ensure efficient operations. Including overseeing the hiring, direction, mentoring, motivation, and evaluation of all Finance Department staff.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of finance reports which are timely, accurate, reliable and relevant, to project interest rate risk and capital at risk, and assess and project profitability by product. Assists with treasury functions as necessary.
- Conducts financial analysis of credit union operations to maximize profits. Prepares recommendations with regard to changes in or adjustments to services, including product pricing, for analysis and action. Ensures analysis is performed and presented accurately and logically in order to assist with organizational making decisions, as well as setting, implementing and evaluation strategies.
- Analyzes ALM strategies for income, expense, balance sheet makeup, and capital for long-term sustainability and growth to support management decisions and the strategic business plan.
- Collaborates with other departments/operations to coordinate design and implementation of operational updates or enhancements in order to maintain operations consistently and accomplish SCCU objectives.
- Prepares annual budget projections for the department, operates within its guidelines and monitors departmental performance in order to operate within SCCU financial objectives.
- Ensures maintenance of current department procedure manuals and monitors established internal controls related to the Finance Department to assure proper compliance with procedures.
- Monitors and researches new developments from authoritative bodies (FASB, AICPA, NCUA, OFR); identify any financial impact to the Credit Union.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently and accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, sets objectives and goals, anticipates and adjusts for problems/roadblocks, and measures performance against goals to evaluate results. Uses broad knowledge and perspective to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Develops organizational unit strategies and goals in order to support SCCU mission, vision, strategies and business plans.
- Formulates strategic plans for each department to meet performance goals.
- Consistently demonstrates SCCU Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance required.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) required.
5+ years previous experience in planning and forecasting, data analytics, modeling and technology required, preferably in a Credit Union/Community Banking or Financial Services environment
2+ years of leadership experience required
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to establish credibility and make sound judgments.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside vendors as well as the ability to delegate, focus, and direct individual work activity as needed.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to prepare financial highlights and extensive written documentation on financial reports.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, project management, coaching and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of Windows Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with knowledge of ProfitStar software preferred.
- Experienced in complex spreadsheets and financial systems.
Work requires light or a low amount of physical exertion. The need for physical stamina and endurance is of minimum or low significance. Body movement usually involves sitting and intermittent walking.
No adverse environmental working conditions.