Software Engineer III
Corporate One Federal Credit Union
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Technical Delivery Manager to refine technical requirements for new projects. Assists the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst in customer meetings to help the customer more clearly articulate business requirements. Works with the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst to maintain a working knowledge of the project’s technical aspects. Refines technical specifications as project requirements change. Communicates these changes to the affected software engineers and/or contract programmers.
- Verifies that the resulting developed code reflects the project requirement changes.
- Designs and develops secure, bug free, resilient and usable software solutions. Ensures that every measure is taken to minimize the risk, security weakness and maximize usability of the software solution.
- Designs and develops through unit and integration test plans, ensures appropriate execution of the test plans.
- Ensures appropriate documentation are created for easy maintenance of the software, cross training and operational support.
- Creates project technical design document for conducting development work, based on business and technical requirements. Ensures that such technical designs are in complete compliance with the Corporate One enterprise architecture, business requirements and Corporate One strategic objectives.
- Provides assistance in resolving complex production problems on any in-house software application, across multiple hardware platforms and programming languages. Supports software engineers in peer code reviews and provides creative feedback to ensure better development practices and successful solution implementations.
- Makes recommendations to the Software Architect for environmental/architectural changes that will increase the stability or improve the performance of Corporate One’s system and applications.
- Flexible to perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of six years of related progressive experience with application development and all phases of software development lifecycle in addition to educational requirements listed above. Minimum of four years of experience with application software solution design.
- Specific Job Knowledge and Skills Required: Ability to work well under stress.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to multi-task. Knowledge with both client/server application development and web-based e-commerce development.
Corporate One FCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please apply on-line, click here.