Time is running out to apply to ‘Crash the GAC’
Future credit unions leaders have an opportunity to glean insight regarding the most pressing issues facing credit unions today by taking part in CUNA’s 2020 Governmental Affairs Conference, Feb. 23 – 27. Young professionals should apply for the annual “Crash the GAC,” an opportunity that empowers newer credit union young professionals by finding and amplifying their voices to advocate for the role of young people in the industry. The program is organized through Filene’s Cooperative Trust, and applications close Nov. 30.
GAC Crashers are invited to:
- Attend GAC breakout sessions and general sessions
- Examine vendors options for credit unions and attend social events
- Build relationships with other credit union young professionals
- Connect with more than 5,000 activists from the credit union system
- Attend mentor sessions with industry thought leaders each day. In the past, mentors have included leaders from Filene Research Institute, Council of Credit Unions, and the National Credit Union Foundation
- Connect with other leaders from their state by attending Congressional visits on Capitol Hill
Crashers are credit union young professionals (35 and under,or “35 at heart”) who are sponsored to attend a conference at a lower cost and with additional content designed especially for YPs. Applications are easy, and the entire experience is career-changing.
Credit union YPs can apply to be a Crasher at all of Filene’s research events. Learn about the program and experiences of those involved in the 2019 GAC Crash through Filene’s podcast at filene.org/podcast.