ALM Workshop (Birmingham, AL & Orlando, FL)
The ALM Workshops will allow credit union professionals to go back to the basics/fundamentals. It will be beneficial for those just entering the arena and for those who need to refresh their skills.
Birmingham ALM Workshop sponsored by
- Birmingham, AL – Oct. 15-16
- Essentials Workshop (Day 1): 9am – 4pm CST
- Implementation Workshop (Day 2): 9am – 2pm CST
- Location: League of Southeastern Credit Unions 22 Inverness Center Parkway Birmingham, Alabama 35242
- Neighboring Hotels:
- Hyatt Place Birmingham/Inverness
- Homewood Suites Birmingham South/Inverness
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Birmingham/Inverness 280
- Orlando, FL – Oct. 18-19
- Essentials Workshop (Day 1): 9am – 4pm EST
- Implementation Workshop (Day 2): 9am – 3pm EST
- Location: Fairwinds CU 135 W Central Blvd. Suite 200 Orlando, Florida 32801
- Neighboring Hotels:
- Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
- Aloft Orlando Downtown
- Marriott Orlando Downtown
*Please note: There will be discussions on interest rate risk (what is it and why do we care?) on Day 2 but simply for educational purposes.
Deborah L. Rightmire is Vice President of Asset/Liability Management for the Cornerstone Credit Union League. She manages ALM Resources which delivers semi-annual ALM analysis and consulting services to credit unions across the U.S. She also provides training sessions for Leagues across the nation emphasizing fundamental financial statement and ratio analysis.
As a senior faculty member of Southwest CUNA Management School, Debbie instructs, assists with curriculum development, and evaluates the Financial Management Strategic Initiative of each student’s business plan.
Debbie joined the Cornerstone Credit Union League in 1979 and is a graduate of the University of Alaska.
Workshop Description: 2018 ALM Essentials and Implementation Workshops
Whether you are new to credit unions or just need a refresher, the ALM Essentials and Implementation Workshops offer an opportunity to gain a better understanding of what the numbers and ratios really mean. Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Workshops are coming to an area near you to provide the tools to make decisions and manage your credit union more effectively.
Led by Deborah Rightmire, VP of ALM Resources for Cornerstone CU League, these Essentials and Implementation Workshops provide an excellent opportunity for management, staff, CUNA School students, ALCO members, and board members to enhance their knowledge of asset/liability management.