10:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
9:00 am - 2:00 pm CDT
2 days, 5 hours
LSCU Alabama Office
22 Inverness Ctr Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35238
ALM Workshop – Birmingham, AL
22 Inverness Ctr Parkway; Birmingham, AL. 35238
The ALM Workshops will allow credit union professionals to go back to the basics/fundamentals. It will be beneficial for those just entering the arena and for those who need to refresh their skills.
If we don’t make the fundamental operational decisions correctly, we won’t care about our interest rate risk profile. We will no longer be in business.
*Please note: There will be discussions on interest rate risk (what is it and why do we care?) on Day 2 but simply for educational purposes.
Deborah L. Rightmire, CCUE
Deborah L. Rightmire is Vice President of Asset/Liability Management for the Cornerstone Credit Union League. She manages ALM Resources which delivers semi-annual ALM analysis and consulting services to credit unions across the U.S. She also provides training sessions for Leagues across the nation emphasizing fundamental financial statement and ratio analysis.
As a senior faculty member of Southwest CUNA Management School, Debbie instructs, assists with curriculum development, and evaluates the Financial Management Strategic Initiative of each student’s business plan. Debbie joined the Cornerstone Credit Union League in 1979 and is a graduate of the University of Alaska.
2018 ALM Essentials and Implementation Workshops
Whether you are new to credit unions or just need a refresher, the ALM Essentials and Implementation Workshops offer an opportunity to gain a better understanding of what the numbers and ratios really mean. Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Workshops are coming to an area near you to provide the tools to make decisions and manage your credit union more effectively.
Led by Deborah Rightmire, VP of ALM Resources for Cornerstone CU League, these Essentials and Implementation Workshops provide an excellent opportunity for management, staff, CUNA School students, ALCO members, and board members to enhance their knowledge of asset/liability management.
We look forward to your participation in the following workshops:
Monday, October 15th: ALM Essentials Workshop
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Essentials ALM Workshop is a full-day session designed for all credit union professionals who desire a better understanding of basic Asset/Liability Management fundamentals. This workshop will:
• Identify the primary goals of Asset/Liability Management
• Highlight the use of a Key Ratio Report and NCUA’s FPR
• Analyze your credit union’s key financial ratios
• Examine the Risk Focused Examination process
• Review an expense analysis and its implications
• Assist the credit union in developing a market based pricing structure for loans and deposits
Tuesday, October 16th: ALM Implementation Workshop
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The ALM Implementation Workshop is a 5 hour session providing tools needed to implement an effective asset/liability management process in your credit union. It addresses these areas:
• Measuring interest-rate risk/sensitivity using a static GAP model
• Organizing a successful ALM process using an ALM Checklist
• Discussing guidelines for developing an effective ALM Policy
• Discussing guidelines for developing an effective Investment Policy
• Organizing a consistent ALCO agenda
• Monitoring and measuring liquidity
• Reviewing the broker/dealer due diligence process