Support the Foundation
The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation (SECUF) is dedicated to provide progressive professional development of credit union staff and volunteers, support financial education programs for youth and adults, and create valuable resources for our member credit unions and the communities they serve. It can not be done without your help. There are several ways to support the Southeast Credit Union Foundation.
How Credit Unions Can Support SECUF
How can your credit union and you help support or become more involved with the SECUF?
- Invite us to speak at a Chapter and/or Young Professional meeting.
- Set up a fundraiser specifically for the foundation.
- Choose to give your “fair share,” the easiest way to support the SECUF. A “fair share” donation is equal to just $.05 per member. Contact SECUF Director Juli Lewis for an invoice.
- Host a Cash Hash forum and/or a reality fair at your credit union or local meeting space.
- Join CU Commit2bFit (a new Facebook group dedicated to helping credit union employees, members, family, and friends to lead healthy lifestyles, get physically and fiscally fit, and achieve goals).
- Have your employees and members participate in SECUF events throughout the year.
Contact SECUF Director Juli Lewis for more information and for scheduling.
Community Investment Funds & Charitable Donation Accounts
Community Investment Fund (CIF) and Charitable Donation Account (CDA) dividend dollars are used to support both national and state programs and grants that benefit our credit unions and their members.
- The Community Investment Fund (CIF) is the NCUF and SECUF’s primary funding mechanism for national and state programs benefiting credit unions and their members.
- A Charitable Donation Account (“CDA”) investment allows a credit union to make a charitable contribution while allowing the contribution to pay for itself.
Find out more about how revenue from the CIF and CDA is used, how they work, and how a credit union can participate.
Credit union chapters can provide valuable support to the Southeast Credit Union Foundation (SECUF) by allocating portions of their chapter fundraisers. Several chapters hold annual golf tournaments and other fundraising events that support the SECUF. This is a great opportunity for chapters to help the SECUF continue to provide the valuable programs that benefit their credit unions and members.
Credit union chapters can also make an annual contribution to the SECUF.
Proceeds from Southeastern Credit Union Foundation’s (SECUF) golf charity outings will benefit the SECUF and its efforts to promote financial education, provide professional development scholarships, and deliver financial relief and assistance to credit unions and their members in the wake of a natural disaster.
- Southeast Credit Union Conference & Expo Charity Golf Outing
- Southeast Leadership Development Conference Charity Golf Outing
Great sponsorship opportunities are available for these events. For sponsorships or if you need to register a player/team, contact Deirdre Rhodes.
Make a Donation
To pledge online, click here. To fill out a pledge form and mail your donation in, download the SECUF pledge form and send your pledge form and check to:
Southeastern Credit Union Foundation
3692 Coolidge Court
Tallahassee, FL 32311