Financial Literacy Resources (free):
Federal Trade Commission Adult Fin Ed Resources
Practical Money Skills Adult Fin Ed Resources
National Education Association High School Fin Ed Resources
Florida Literacy Coalition High School Fin Ed Resources
Financial Ed Games All Age Fin Ed Resources-Games
Next Gen Personal Finance All Age Fin Ed Resources-Games
Money as you grow website now on the CFPB site:
- Handout for middle childhood financial education
- Activities for children aged 6-12
- Jumpstart Clearinghouse
NEFE’s Smart About Money (SAM)
- Have the family make a SMART goal for a vacation, or even the child’s birthday party using this worksheet (give parents talking points that when a child asks for a toy at the store that they can remind him/her about this goal and that they as a family are choosing to save their money for the goal rather than buy the toy)
- Use the mindful spending worksheet to have parents complete with their child to start the conversation about something the child might want for their birthday/holiday.
- Share this article on how to teach kids the value of money, which includes activities and conversations for different age groups.
- Budget resources
Online budget wizard
- Self-paced courses for parents to complete, or to do as a family with children, to learn money basics or to make specific financial decisions, such as making a family transportation plan.
REAL Solutions® works with LSCU to provide credit unions the tools to make a difference in the financial lives of members, families and communities.
REAL Solutions builds member and consumer financial capability by offering toolkits for product development, credit union financial counseling certification, experiential learning programs (Reality Fairs, Retirement Fairs, and Life Simulations), planning/coaching, and speaking/training.
For more information, visit the National Credit Union Foundation website.
Promotional Products Charitable Partner
Looking for new ideas for giveaways, logo apparel or promotional items? Check out Geiger’s online store created specifically for our our affiliate credit unions.
The charitable partnership with Geiger will provide our affiliated credit unions:
- Verifiable discounts on all products
- A seasoned dedicated Geiger consultant ready to work with your marketing department to insure maximum benefit and creativity for any campaign. Our savings are not limited to what’s on the website. With the help of the Geiger rep, all 700,000 products are available for use and savings. Their job will be to find the right product for any campaign
- Geiger’s focus on product safety protects our brands
- Secure shopping
- A portion of every sale will come back to the Southeaster Credit Union Foundation to help continue our mission on behalf of the Southeastern Credit Unions
- Email Juli Lewis to receive a monthly update on promotional specials.