Professional Development Grants
The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation (SECUF) awards scholarships throughout the year for credit union CEOs, employees, board members, and supervisory committee members to attend the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) and Credit Union National Association (CUNA) educational events.
The scholarship program is designed for smaller asset size credit unions and credit unions with financial hardships. The scholarships not only cover tuition but also cover a portion of travel costs. Scholarships are awarded to those individuals who best exemplify the credit union philosophy, and whose attendance at approved programs would be beneficial in the perpetuation of credit union goals and ideas on an as-needed basis.
Scholarship requests must be received at least 30 days before the event. Credit unions receiving SAS (Small Asset Size) funds must exhaust those funds before they are eligible to receive a scholarship.
Please read the scholarship guidelines before applying for the available scholarships below. Each Chapter is awarded one $500 scholarship annually to present to the person of their choosing (within LSCU guidelines). In addition to the Chapter scholarships, scholarship applications will be accepted for the following events and awarded upon approval of the scholarship committee:
- CUNA GAC
- CUNA GAC YP
- Advocacy Conference (AL and FL)
- LSCU Southeastern CU and Expo
- LSCU Southeastern CU and Expo YP
- LSCU Supervisory Committee Conference
- LSCU Hike the Hill (D.C.)
- LSCU Southeast Leadership Development Conference
- LSCU Southeast Leadership Development Conference YP
- Credit Union Development Educator Certification (CUDE)
- Financial Counselor Certification (FiCEP)
- YP Think Tank – AL
- YP Think Tank – FL
- Other LSCU/CUNA Educational Request
If interested in a scholarship, please complete the scholarship application online or email SECUF Director, Juli Lewis. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Additional scholarship opportunities:
Apply for a Scholarship
Please read the scholarship guidelines before applying for the available scholarships.
- Apply for a scholarship online.
- Download a scholarship application.
- Scholarship availability for 2019.
The applications may either be emailed back to the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation. If you have any questions, contact Juli Lewis, director, Southeastern Credit Union Foundation, at 866.231.0545, ext. 1108.