Accountant – Employee Payroll
CFE Federal Credit Union
Southeastern (Lake Mary, FL)
- Receives approved time data input from managers and coordinates input of payroll to the payroll vendor.
- Confirms that all payroll is complete and accurate prior to submission; coordinates with management staff regarding time reporting issues, incomplete entries, etc.
- Utilizes the automated payroll systems to capture all hours worked and uploads them into the payroll system for processing.
- Reconciles the payroll account at specified periodic intervals/each pay period.
- Make appropriate accounting entries to properly record expenses.
- Balances the payroll account, and brings problems to the attention of the Accounting Manager.
- Analyze and allocate expenses for periodic insurance/benefits billings.
- Interfaces with Human Resources to ensure accuracy of invoices (i.e., adds, deletes, changes, etc.) in a timely manner to ensure bills are paid within specified due dates.
- Provides guidance and support to managers when submitting payroll hours through automated payroll system.
- Performs other accounting duties and functions, including reconciliation of accounts, ledger and journal entries, assisting with preparation of statements, budget monitoring, variances, etc.
- Assists Accounting Manager with other payroll-related issues as required.
- Assists with filing of all payroll taxes in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by management.
Requires at least a 4 year college degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business) and a minimum of 2 years previous payroll accounting experience, preferably using Paylocity (i.e., Web Time, Web Pay, Report Writer, etc.) or equivalent systems; automated payroll experience required. Must be highly organized, and must have excellent PC/Excel spreadsheet skills.
To apply, please click here.