Human Resources Manager
Launch Federal Credit Union
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for supervising HR employees and assisting with the implementation of the HR Strategy. Activities include, but are not limited to, recruiting and staffing, employee relations, policies and procedures, benefit administration, payroll administration, employee orientation, Affirmative Action, compensation and HRIS. The incumbent must operate within established policies, guidelines, and local, state, and federal regulations. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the management of programs and projects that support human resource functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for employment functions such as conducting interviews, administering pre-employment tests and screenings, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), reference checks, making job offers, and conducting exit interviews.
- .Coordinates the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll including, but not limited to, file export and import, paid leave reimbursement, garnishments, reconciliation, reporting and 401(k) data transmittal.
- Manages leaves of absence in accordance with FMLA and organization guidelines.
- Administers the organization’s benefit programs including coordination of open enrollments, maintenance of benefit records, consults with employees, and review of benefits to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Consults with employees and managers on various employment related issues including performance, disciplinary and personal issues. Provides guidance where appropriate to include interpretation of policy, review of disciplinary measures, review of personnel records and interpersonal conflicts.
- Oversees and maintains Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and ensures records are accurately recorded and consistent across multiple systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Human Resources files and records are updated and maintained electronically.
- Responsible for updating and submitting data for EEO reporting.
- Reviews and implements policy changes to ensure compliance with legal requirements and Human Resources regulations including filing of required annual reports, informing managers of organizational policies to include, but not limited to, equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with event planning and execution, such as wellness events and 401(k) educational meetings.
- Produces and disseminates reports, as needed.
- Responds to employment and salary verification requests.
- Retrieves, responds to, and /or distributes incoming department mail, fax communications and voicemail messages daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Minimum of five years directly related experience, preferably in a bank or credit union.
- A BA or BS degree in Human Resources or related field.
- SHRM Certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and