Mortgage Loan Processor
Jax Federal Credit Union
Location: Park Street Building (562 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204)
Starting Rate: $15.30-$19.13/hr
Status: FT (40 hrs/wk)
Weekly Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm) & rotating Saturdays (8:45am-1:15pm)
To assist members by processing their mortgage loan applications, make loan disbursements, and perform various mortgage servicing activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 45% – Reviews residential loan application files and gathers necessary documentation to verify that application data is complete and meets credit union standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment; recommends that loans not meeting standards be denied. Disburses funds for approved mortgage loans. Contacts members via phone or email to review terms of approval, process, and expectations. Prepares mortgage documents for closings and facilitates the closing, when necessary. Calls, faxes, or emails specified companies to obtain title search, survey, flood certification, and appraisal. Assembles required documentation and submits mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
2. 35% – Maintain member communication by contacting the member upon receipt of the file and a follow up in three business days, depending on the loan status, or daily as the need arises, with all calls or attempted calls logged into the memo section of FICS or note section of Symitar. Inform management immediately of loans that are experience problems, potential cancellations, or dissatisfaction with our member service.
3. 10% – Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled or denied and other information as directed by HMDA ( Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.)
4. 5% – Prepares satisfactions of mortgages for recording at the county courthouse. Also, prepares and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
5. 5% – Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education/Certifications/Licenses: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Must be detailed oriented and possess good communication and organizational skills. Must have good communication skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel). Ten key calculator, and keyboard skills a must.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements: Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters. Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) to prepare loan files for submission to loan underwriters, normally achieved through a high school education.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Jax Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
A high school education or GED.
To apply online, please click here.