- MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
Interested in learning about our latest initiatives? Connect with us today!
What is the #CreditUnionsCareChallenge?
The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation invites all affiliated credit unions to commit a minimum of $25 to each of their employees to do a good deed in their community by supporting a local restaurant or small business. If a credit union accepts the challenge, SECUF will then match up to $25 per employee to all participating credit unions and grant that sum amount to the credit union. The credit union will use the matching funds to do something to make an additional impact in their community, such as:
The SECUF began this initiative to answer the challenge put forth by Tallahassee-based First Commerce Credit Union in its ambitious #LocalStrong campaign. The credit union utilized this campaign to distribute more than $4,000 among more than 150 team members to spend with local businesses. We were inspired to carry on First Commerce’s vision and show that we are #CUStrong by expanding it to all three of our states. Do you accept the challenge?
Credit union employees are encouraged to follow all social distancing guidelines.
Take the challenge. Commit to providing a minimum of $25 per employee to spend locally.
Simply fill out the form to let us know that you’re taking the challenge.
Encourage your team members to post their good deeds on social media using the hashtags #CreditUnionsCareChallenge, #CUStrong and #LocalStrong as well as tag your credit union. If there is an opportunity to snap a photo, be sure to have those in the picture fill out a Talent Release Form so your credit union and the SECUF have permission to post those photos as well. A sample Talent Release Form can be found in the Tools section below.
Create a letter that your employees can give out while they’re completing their good deed that explains the #CreditUnionsCareChallenge. A sample Employee Letter can be found in the Tools section below.
Please send pictures, Talent Release Forms, and information to firstname.lastname@example.org of your credit union utilizing the #CreditUnionsCareChallenge matching dollars. Remember to get signed Talent Release Forms for anyone in the photos so we may post about your credit union’s impact on our social media and in LSCU’s publications.
Create a letter your credit union can use when distributing the matched funds that explain the #CreditUnionsCareChallenge. Be sure to mention the donation is on behalf of your credit union and the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation. A sample Match Letter can be found in the Tools section below.
Send a letter to your Legislator letting them know how you were able to make a local impact! A sample Legislator Letter can be found in the Tools section below.
How can my credit union accept the Credit Unions Care Challenge?
- Any LSCU affiliate credit union can take the challenge. Upon approval and commitment from the credit union’s leadership, simply fill out and submit the online form.
I am an Industry Partner; how can I support the movement?
- To donate to the Credit Union Cares Challenge, please contact Bobbi Grady @ email@example.com.
Will the $25 our credit unions give to our employees be taxable?
- Please be advised that any money given to an employee can be viewed as additional compensation and subject to taxation. Check with your Human Resources and Accounting departments for more information.
Our credit union has already taken this challenge, can we still quality for the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation match?
- Yes, if your credit union has already participated in the #localstrong challenge, please fill out the submission form and the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation will match the funds up to $25 per employee.
Are there any limitations on how the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation matching dollars should be used?
- While there are no restrictions on the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation’s matching funds, we strongly recommend that the funds are used to help others who have been negatively impacted by the current crisis. This can include giving to a local charity, help for first responders, purchasing equipment or food for medical personnel, supplying school lunches for children, etc. Just keep it local and impactful to your community.
How will a credit union receive the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation’s matching funds?
- The matching funds will be sent either through paper check or an ACH payment. A credit union can choose their preference during the online submission process.
How long after the online submission will a credit union receive the matching funds?
- The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation will do its best to expedite delivery of the matching funds and have them available to you within 72 hours of approval of submission.
Thank You to Our Industry Partners for Helping Support the SECUF's Credit Unions Care Challenge!
Premier Donor ($100,000)
Supporter ($24,999 - $10,000)
Friends ($9,999 - $100)